Sport Ireland aims to plan, lead and co-ordinate the sustainable development of competitive and recreational sport in Ireland"
Sport Ireland's vision is one where sport contributes to enhancing the quality of Irish life and:
- Everyone is encouraged and valued in sport;
- Young people see sport participation as an integral and enjoyable part of their busy lives;
- Individuals can develop their sporting abilities and enhance their enjoyment, limited only by their talent and commitment; and
- Irish sportsmen and women achieve consistent world-class performance, fairly.
Sport Ireland was established on 1 July 1999 under the Irish Sports Council Act and is a statutory authority comprising of eight major divisions:
- Corporate Services
- High Performance
- Local Sports Partnerships
- National Governing Bodies
- National Trails Office, and the
- Irish Institute of Sport.
Click here to view all the resources gathered from this organisation's website.